|Meme stolen from eatsoylentgreen
||[Aug. 25th, 2008|12:51 am]
- I am 5'4 or shorter.
- I think I'm ugly.
- I have many scars.
- I tan easily.
- I wish my hair was a different colour.
- I have friends who have never seen my natural hair colour.
- I have a tattoo.
- I am self-conscious about my appearance. (Isn't everyone?)
- I have/I've had braces.
- I wear glasses.
- I'd get plastic surgery if it were 100% safe, free, scar-free.
- I've been told I'm attractive by a complete stranger. (Mostly online, but occasionally in person.)
- I have had more than 2 piercings.
- I have had piercings in places besides my ears.
- I have freckles. (Very few and only in the summer, but I like them. They remind me of my dad. My mom never had a freckle in her life.)
- I've sworn at my parents.
- I've run away from home. (Briefly, and with the intention of coming back that same evening.)
- I've been kicked out of the house.
- My biological parents are together.
- I have a sibling less than one year old.
- I want to have kids someday.
- I have children.
- I've lost a child.
- I've slipped out a "LOL" in a spoken conversation.
- Disney movies still make me cry.
- I've snorted while laughing.
- I've laughed so hard I've cried.
- I've glued my hand to something.
- I've laughed until some sort of beverage came out my nose.
- I've had my trousers rip in public.
- I was born with a disease/impairment.
- I've had stitches. (If oral surgery counts.)
- I've broken a bone.
- I've had my tonsils removed. (Recently!)
- I've sat in a doctor's office with a friend.
- I've had my wisdom teeth removed.
- I've had serious surgery.
- I've had chicken pox.
- Right now, I have a highly irritating medical problem.
- Right now, I am in pain.
- I've driven over 200 miles in one day. (Um...lots, and recently. I think this was written by a Brit, or at least someone on the East Coast of the US.)
- I've been on a plane.
- I've been to North America. (Yep, a Brit.)
- I've been to Niagara Falls.
- I've been to Japan.
- I've been to Europe.
- I've been to Africa.
- I've been lost in my city. (Four of them.)
- I've seen a shooting star.
- I've wished on a shooting star.
- I've seen a meteor shower.
- I've gone out in public in my pyjamas.
- I've pushed all the buttons in a lift.
- I've been to a casino.
- I've been skydiving.
- I've gone skinny dipping.
- I've played spin the bottle.
- I've crashed a car. (Just the one, though.)
- I've been skiing.
- I've been in a play.
- I've met someone in person from the Internet.
- I've caught a snowflake on my tongue.
- I've seen the Northern Lights.
- I've sat on a roof top at night.
- I've played chicken.
- I've seen the Rocky Horror Show
- I've eaten Sushi. (I feel bad bolding this...I'm allergic to all fish and shellfish, so it's always vegetarian. But I have it often.)
- I've been snowboarding.
- I'm single.
- I'm in a relationship.
- I'm available.
- I'm engaged.
- I'm married.
- I've gone on a blind date.
- I've been the dumpee more than the dumper.
- I have a fear of abandonment.
- I've been divorced.
- I've had feelings for someone who didn't have them back.
- I've told someone I loved them when I didn't.
- I've told someone I didn't love them when I did.
- I've kept something from a past relationship. (Somewhere I have my first love letter, which was sent just before the era when such things would have happened over e-mail.)
- I've done something I promised someone else I wouldn't.
- I've done something I promised myself I wouldn't.
- I have lied to my parents about where I am.
- I am keeping a secret from the world.
- I've cheated while playing a game. (Not while playing against someone, though.)
- I've cheated on a test.
- I've driven through a red light. (Not on purpose.)
- I've been suspended from school.
- I've witnessed a crime. (Does it count if you only hear it?)
- I've been in a fist fight.
- I've been arrested.
- I've shoplifted.
- I've consumed alcohol.
- I smoke cigarettes.
- I smoke pot.
- I regularly drink.
- I've taken painkillers when I didn't need them.
- I take cough medication when I'm not sick.
- I've done hard drugs.
- I've been addicted to an illegal substance.
- I can't swallow pills.
- I can swallow about 5 pills at a time no problem.
(Anyone surprised that this category has no bolds? Then you don't know me very well.)
- I have been diagnosed with depression. (PMDD.)
- I shut others out when I'm depressed.
- I take anti-depressants.
- I have an eating disorder.
- I've slept an entire day when I didn't need it.
- I've hurt myself on purpose.
- I'm addicted to self harm.
- I've woken up crying. (I'm more likely to fall asleep crying.)
- I'm afraid of dying.
- I hate funerals. (And weddings.)
- I've seen someone dying.
- I have attempted suicide.
- Someone close to me has attempted suicide.
- Someone close to me has committed suicide.
- I can sing well.
- I've stolen a tray from a fast food restaurant.
- I open up to others too easily.
- I watch the news.
- I don't kill bugs.
- I hate hearing songs that sacrifice meaning for sake of being able to rhyme.
- I fucking swear regularly.
- I sing in the shower. (Or I would if I didn't live in an apartment.)
- I am a morning person.
- I paid for my mobile phone ring tone. (Just once.)
- I'm a snob about grammar. (And spelling, and capitalization.)
- I am a sports fanatic.
- God has spoken to me
- I play with my hair.
- I have/had "x"s in my screen name.
- I love being neat.
- I love Spam.
- I've copied more than 30 CD's in a day.
- I bake well.
- I don't know how to shoot a gun.
- I am in love with love. (I know the song, too.)
- I am guilty of tYpInG lIkE tHiS.
- I laugh at my own jokes. (Sometimes uncontrollably, enough to not be able to tell the rest of the joke.)
- I eat fast food weekly.
- I believe in ghosts.
- I am online 24/7, even as an away message.
- I can't sleep if there is a spider in the room.
- I am really ticklish.
- I love white chocolate.
- I bite my nails.
- I play video games. (Casual games.)
- I'm good at remembering faces.
- I'm good at remembering names.
- I'm good at remembering dates.
- I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life.
- My answers are totally honest.
I know I haven't posted in a bit. Things have been busy. My post-Pennsic post is halfway done, sitting in my e-mail account. And I've been to two events since (and another next week). What was I thinking when I planned this month?!
Good news though--I auditioned for the Wisconsin Chamber Choir and got in! The director seemed very impressed with my choral experience (first time that's happened; maybe experience is just very important to him). I sang "North Woods Lament" by Master Hector of the Black Height and he really liked it--even asked whether there was a choral arrangement of it, as he's considering a program of nature-related songs for a future concert. (aaron_pike, would you consider arranging it, do you think?) I also had the dreamed-of experience of being handed some music to sightread, and realizing I already knew it ("O Taste and See" by Ralph Vaughan Williams; we looked at it briefly in Mixed Chorus when I was a high school freshman, and I liked/remembered the melody, which, thankfully, is in the soprano part). He had me sing it anyway, and then handed me one of those one-line sightreading exercises to do, which was easier than "O Taste and See" would have been if I hadn't known it, I thought.
First rehearsal: Tuesday Sept. 9th. Can't wait!