|Nabbed from zsof
||[Apr. 29th, 2006|03:18 am]
|||||the sound of the dryer tumbling||]|
Write down at least five things that you like about yourself. This is not the time to be modest. If you are having trouble coming up with a total of five items, you know that this exercise can really benefit you. Be sure to include more than your physical attributes on your list, since our bodies are only part of who we are. If you are still struggling with what to include on your list, think of what you like about your favorite people, because these traits are probably qualities that you possess too. Another way to complete your list is to think of five things you don't like about yourself and find something about these traits that you can like.
1. I have finally learned to relax.
2. I'm good at almost anything I choose to do, esp. crafty things (knitting, sewing, quilting, illumination, kumihimo, embroidery, etc.) My first tries at a new pursuit generally turn out to look like what other people do after they've practiced some.
3. I am never uncomfortable being alone.
4. I'm a good listener and I understand the importance of looking people in the eye during a conversation, giving attention, and making time for other people.
5. I have enough foreign language bits floating around in my head that I am able to do amateur linguistic stuff on the fly, such as translating city names, pasta names, song lyrics in various Romance languages, Latin prayer texts, etc. Sometimes I'll have a little linguistic epiphany where I'll realize, "Oh, THAT's what that means, how funny!" and muse over it for a bit. Everyone should be able to amuse themselves in some way!
What do you like about you? Put this in your own LJ so your friends can see!